1. Explore the Park
  2. Static Caravan Sales
  3. Caravan Holidays
  4. Discover the Area

Common Questions

What is a static caravan?

A static caravan park holiday home is a specially designed mobile park home or timber lodge built so that it is as comfortable and warm in winter as it is in summer.

How long can I keep my home on site at Upper Carr Caravan Park?

Forever, or as long as you want providing the annual fees are paid. Once you buy a home at Upper Carr it is yours to do what you want with it. There are no minimum lease terms for sites at Upper Carr.

How do I pay for gas, electricity and water?

Water and electricity is supplied by Upper Carr Caravan Park. Gas has to be bought seperately. We supply LPG (liquid petroleum gas) from our own depot on a pay as you go basis.

Are there any hidden costs after I have been quoted a price?

No. The price quoted includes delivery, siting on the pitch of your choice, all connections, TV aerial and steps, pre take over cleaning and the presentation of gas and electrical safety certification.

Is there good mobile phone reception at Upper Carr Caravan Park?

Yes, there is good mobile reception within the caravan park.

Are pets allowed on the Park?

The Park is laid out on an open plan basis with no fences or hedges between leisure homes. With prior approval, we do allow owners to bring their dogs - but they must be kept under control and on a leash at all times.

Can I park my car?

Each holiday home has a driveway with parking for one car. There are visitor parking areas on the Park for your guests.

What if I need maintenance work carried out on my holiday home?

The park has a team of experienced maintenance staff and access to qualified contractors who can carry out most tasks; these may be contacted through our reception. You may also carry out any general maintenance yourself. We do insist that all work is carried out by qualified contractors and that we gain sight.

Can I leave my holiday home to my children in my will?

Of course you can. As long as any annual fees are paid, it's like any other possession. In fact, if your home is being used as a business on 'buy to let' basis it will be subject to business inheritance tax relief.

Can my family use the facilities at Upper Carr Caravan Park?

Both your immediate family and yourselves are entitled to use the caravan park facilities and play areas.

Can we let our holiday home to a third party?

Yes. You may allow the use of your holiday home to family and friends, and you can let out your static caravan to a third party. Upper Carr can also manage your property for holiday rentals if you so desire.

Can I sell my caravan privately?

Yes. Customers can enter a private sale agreement should they wish to leave the park and are not restricted to selling back to park owner (conditions apply).

Click here for map and directions virtual park tours Midweek Camping from £12 per night